Conducting Necessary Transition Assessments
The purpose of this training is to give educators the information and tools needed to conduct meaningful transition assessments.
Conducting age-appropriate transition assessments is the foundation for building quality transition services for students with disabilities. In this course, you will learn more about:
- The role of transition assessments within the transition process
- The federal and state requirements for transition assessments
- The difference between formal and informal assessments for transitions
- How to choose appropriate transition assessments based on individual student needs
- How to use the results of transition assessments within the individualized education program (IEP)
As you work through this self-paced course, you will complete a pre-test, reflect on the transition assessment practices in your own school, and complete a post-test that assesses your learning. You will complete one module at a time before you can move to the next module.