Show steps of an activity.
When to use:
- Use to show the individual steps of an activity or routine.
- Use to help students and staff follow steps consistently.
- Use as a reminder of the appropriate order of steps.
How to use:
- Break the task down into steps.
- Create a cue card strip with a visual and text for each step.
- Place the laminated mini schedule where students can easily see it while performing the task or activity (e.g.- put a hand washing mini schedule above the sink or include a mini schedule with a structured work system).
- Adjust and fade the steps as needed.
- Mini schedules can be made so that students can pull individually laminated cards off of a velcro strip and move them to a second strip or place them in a “finished box” to keep track of which step they are on. This may work well with a structured work system where the order can be changed as needed to provide variety.